One & Done Complexion Balancer
“It is essential that make-up products have added skincare benefits… 61% of female make-up users have tried make-up products with sun protection and 51% have tried products with other added skincare benefits.”
—Mintel, The Future of Colour Cosmetics 2017, December 2016
- Apply to the face as a tinted moisturizer or CC cream for a natural-looking finish
- Apply under foundation for a full-makeup look
Multi-Functionality, Environmental Protection, Anti-Oxidants
Today’s minimalist consumers are setting aside single-use products in favor of all-in-one solutions that offer many benefits at once—including environmental protection, added anti-oxidants, and instant beauty enhancements—blurring the line between skin care and cosmetics products. As a result, today’s multi-functional BB and CC creams boast a functionality that combines instant glamour with long-term skin benefits. Consumer trend data from Mintel shows:
- BB/CC cream usage is rising and in some markets—like China and Germany—BB/CC cream usage surpasses foundation. This could be partly because “a significant proportion of women in Europe think BB/CC creams are healthier for their skin than foundation.”
- In North America and Europe, consumers have embraced the “no makeup” look, which calls for lightweight products like BB and CC creams to play the role of both skin care product and makeup, according to the April 2016 Colour Cosmetics Category Insight.
- 37% of consumers believe that UV rays have a direct impact on their skin, and this same percentage relies on products and services to keep their skin looking its best. As a result, 55% of foundation and fluid illuminators contain UV protection.
- Consumers are seeking solutions that will “avert, protect or neutralize daily pollutants” so they “look and feel healthy,” according to "The Future of Facial Skincare 2017."
- In Europe, anti-pollution is growing strong, especially with millennials: “40% of French 16-24s say pollution has a negative effect on their skin, and 32% would be interested in buying anti-pollution skincare.”
- In response to this demand, anti-oxidant claims have shot up: an anti-oxidant claim appears in 34% of all prestige skin care and in 57% of prestige anti-pollution skin care.
- When it comes to potent anti-oxidants, green tea is a hot ingredient and the most popular natural extract, and it appears on 13% of skincare and cosmetics ingredients labels.
Mintel’s “What is the Next BB/CC Cream” recommends that brands should take hybridization a step further to create a new “super-category of make-up that promises avenues for growth” as consumers are beginning to see “a new generation of hybrid cosmetics which include improved or enhanced benefits.” And what benefits should brands be sure to include? Total environmental protection. “Brands can smoothly expand from providing UV protection into pollution protection, or even ‘total’ protection solutions to protect against external and internal aggressors.” Consider the numbers:
- The growth of the BB and CC cream market already coincides with a rapidly growing market for environmental protection. NPD group reported a 7% sales increase for prestige makeup and skin care products with SPF over the past two years, corresponding to $1.4 billion dollars in sales between June 2015-May 2016.
- NPD also reported: “CC creams and makeup primers alone contributed over $490 million to the industry in 2015, growing 58 percent over two years.”
- Consumers are choosing higher levels of protection, with the growth of high-SPF skin care products significantly outpacing the growth of lower SPF products (compare 9% growth for SPF 30 with 31% growth for SPF 50).
Patented ‘total’ protection; Anti-oxidant enhanced formula; Featherweight CC cream texture
The One & Done Complexion Balancer’s tone correction and total protection make it a high-efficacy super-cosmetic that works double-time to enhance both health and beauty. Light as a feather, this nutrient-rich, multi-purpose product evens skin tone naturally while moisturizing and protecting the skin. Meanwhile, an anti-oxidant complex with green tea extract works with Solésence patented Active Stress Defense Technology keep the skin healthy and young-looking.
Solésence technology-enabled claims:
- Patented, featherweight formula leaves skin feeling smooth and moisturized while providing world-class environmental protection
- In a clinical study after one day of use1
- 100% of users experienced almost a 40% increase in skin’s moisture levels in just 15 minutes
- 100% of users experienced an immediate reduction in water loss, with 90% maintaining the reduction for 8 hours, demonstrating an improvement in skin’s barrier function.
- Broad-spectrum SPF 50 sunscreen protects the skin from 99% of UV radiation
- Pollution Defense Technology reduces pollution-induced free radicals by over 50%2
- The first of its kind, Active Stress Defense Technology boosts anti-oxidant activity by as much as 200%3
- Contains an anti-oxidant complex with green tea extract
Additional marketing claims available:
- Sustainably produced squalane and hyaluronic acid provide moisturization benefits while contributing to eco-conscious branding
- Naturally derived plankton extract delivers an even skin tone
- Skin-soothing bisabolol and allantoin calm sensitive skin
(1) In-vivo clinical study conducted with 10 subjects
(2) Ex-vivo study using cigarette smoke as model for pollution when exposed to 1MED of UV, using porcine skin model
(3) In-vitro measure of anti-oxidant activity after being exposed to 2MED of UV
Customize this product by adding claims:
- Anti-aging through clinical validation