Hydrating Lip Shield
“Lip color cosmetics led new product development in 2017… The popularity of Instagram-style makeup has led to women placing more emphasis on precise and flawless lips, and as a result seeking a wider repertoire of products including primers, lip oils and plumpers.”
—Mintel, The Future of Color Cosmetics: 2018, October 2017
- Apply to the lips for moisture, protection, and a pop of color
Lip Treatments, Flawless Lips, Environmental Protection
Consumers use more cosmetics products than they used to, but when they try a new product, they expect clear and immediate results as well as lasting benefits. This has created space in the market for high-performing color cosmetics that enhance beauty in the short- and long-term, like lip treatments that provide a suite of benefits including moisturization, wrinkle-masking, and UV protection. Consumer trend data from Mintel shows:
- The October 2017 report “The Future of Color Cosmetics: 2018” says: “Lip color cosmetics led new product development in 2017, with a range of new effects, claims and packaging entering the market. The popularity of Instagram-style makeup has led to women placing more emphasis on precise and flawless lips, and as a result seeking a wider repertoire of products including primers, lip oils and plumpers.”
- Lip products made up 33% of global launches of color cosmetics in 2017, with face products coming in second at 21%.
- There is an opportunity for lip treatments to do more than just prime the lips, according to the September 2017 report “Get ready to reinvent the Asian lip makeup routine": “Lip primers currently moisturize lips and create an even surface, but adding more benefits will help to open up the market... Lip wrinkle care, texture correction and serum-booster positioning could all be explored further.”
- Meanwhile, the top recommendations in the September 2017 Mintel report, “Stand out in the crowded skincare market” are to emphasize “timeless skin health benefits” and to send a “clear message that protection from sunlight is the single most important skincare step [consumers] can take every day.”
As beauty consumers continue to seek out color cosmetics products that help them express their individual styles, brands can offer up a fashion-forward health fix that complements their customers’ existing makeup routines. Consider these methods for how brands can adapt to meet the market:
- Mintel’s September 2017 report “Get ready to reinvent the Asian lip makeup routine” recommends that brands add treatment benefits—including wrinkle care and tone correction—to help consumers improve the health and beauty of the lips.
- Mintel notes that the transition into lip primers and treatments “will be an easy task for brands”— and that brands can piggyback off of consumers’ already favorable attitudes towards base makeup.
Rich Hydration; Wrinkle-Masking; UV and Pollution Protection
The Hydrating Lip Shield is a uniquely powerful, multi-functional liquid lip treatment that provides rich hydration, masks imperfections, and protects the lips from environmental stressors that cause premature aging. The Hydrating Lip Shield benefits from a patented technology that guards against UV rays and pollution while bolstering the anti-oxidant system for improved skin health. Featuring sustainable squalane, this product meets consumer demand for multi-functional, health-boosting cosmetics that utilize key botanicals and make compelling beauty claims.
Solésence technology-enabled claims:
- Patented glossy fluid provides moisturization and youth-preservation benefits
- Broad-spectrum SPF 35+ sunscreen protects the skin from 99% of UV radiation
- Pollution Defense Technology reduces pollution-induced free radicals by 93%
- The first of its kind, Active Stress Defense Technology boosts antioxidant activity by as much as 200%
Additional marketing claims available:
- Sustainably produced squalane delivers moisturization benefits and provides lasting nourishment with continued product use
- A wrinkle-masking effect corrects imperfections on the surface of the lips, providing the immediate beauty benefits that consumers want in a quick-out-the-door product
- Available in 3 tints
Customize this product by adding claims:
- Brightening/illuminating, anti-aging through clinical validation
- Added anti-oxidants