Clean Beauty ☼ Mineral SPF ☼ Hyaluronic hero
Clean beauty continues to take over the beauty industry as retailers, influencers, and consumers educate themselves on ingredients to look for — and ones to avoid. Clean beauty has fueled demand for "clean" sun care for the face and body — and that means we can expect an increase in demand for products that use mineral, non-nano sunscreen actives. Consumer trend data from Mintel shows:
- Innovations for facial care continue to tap into environmentally friendly, naturalness, wellness and diversity trends.
- "Adults aged 25-44 are more likely than their counterparts to consider mineral based as a driving purchase factor" — this is also the demographic "more engaged and invested in the sun protection category in general."
- Simpler facial skincare routines are growing in Asia, driving multifunctional and ingredient-led innovation.
- Enhancing skin's natural defense and helping skin function at its best will be crucial for facial care in response to increasingly health-conscious consumers.
- Standout makeup/skincare NPD often promotes the use of hero hydrating ingredients and the ability to reveal glowing skin.
The skin care category continues to be strong during challenging times, and clean beauty is no exception. “During the [Covid-19] pandemic, clean beauty and safety mentions increased" with a "28% daily trend increase" and 95.1% positivity rate in the US. Globally, there was a "56% daily trend increase, with 95.3% of mentions being positive.” At the same time, consumers continue to see the link between skin health and skin care, resulting in sun care products with skin care claims and ingredients.
- Embrace ingredients consumers love.
"To stand out from the competition, some brands are incorporating clean beauty themes into their mineral sunscreen offerings," says Mintel. Roughly
one third of adults consider clean ingredients a prime factor when shopping for sunscreen. At the same time, "as sunscreen continues to be promoted as a daily essential, expect more clean brands to add the product to their assortments, as clean claims are highly valued in categories that experience frequent usage."
- Show you put safety first.
"The growing importance of brand ethics as a purchase priority coincides with consumers looking for natural ingredients in the BPC products they buy," says Mintel. "Brands that merge such claims by offering natural, sustainably sourced ingredients can boost their appeal and differentiate themselves as natural claims become more prevalent in the BPC market."
Clean Mineral UV Shield gives consumers exactly what they’ve been asking for: a clean product that doesn’t compromise on performance, plays with innovation, and is packed with naturally-derived ingredients and moisturization heroes. The medium-weight moisturizer contains silicone-free Kleair™ Technology, a unique, non-nano mineral shield that delivers broad-spectrum SPF 50+ sun protection and pollution defense to keep the skin fully protected. Hyaluronic acid, sustainably produced squalane, and organic jojoba oil round out this delightful and nourishing face and body cream.
Kleair™ enabled claims:
- Non-nano, mineral-based broad spectrum SPF 50+ sunscreen protects the skin from 98%+ of UV radiation
- Pollution Defense Technology reduces pollution-induced free radicals by 85%
- Kleair™ Technology boosts antioxidant activity by as much as 200%
Additional marketing claims available:
- Patented, medium weight fluid instantly evens skin tone and hides fine lines and wrinkles
- Contains well-known ingredient hero Hyaluronic Acid to help moisturize not only topically on the skin, but within the skin as well
- Contains other naturally derived ingredients including grape seed extract, green tea extract, and bisabolol
- 80-minute water resistance
- Contains anti-irritant ingredient allantoin via a patented delivery system
- Paraben-free, PEG-free, Phenoxyethanol Free, Fragrance-free, and Cruelty-free