Clean Beauty ☼ Mineral SPF ☼ Hyaluronic hero
Clean beauty continues to take over the beauty industry as retailers, bloggers, and everyday consumers educate themselves on ingredients to look for — and ones to avoid. Clean beauty has fueled the demand for "clean" sun care for the face and body — and that means we can expect an increase in demand for products that use mineral, nonnano sunscreen actives. Consumer trend data from Mintel shows:
- Mentions of 'clean beauty' on social media increased over 29,000% from 2015 to 2019.
- “Reflective of the interest in natural, eco and 'safe' sunscreen is the rise in mineral sunscreen ingredients (eg titanium dioxide and zinc oxide); while chemical ones have largely declined.”
- “The level of SPF protection is on the rise as people seek super-effective shielding from sun damage and skin cancer." For example, "in China, 52% of facial sunscreen users are concerned that products offer poor protection.”
- Skincare claims are prevalent in the Americas suncare market, led by moisturisation claims (48% of recent launches).
- “Hyaluronic acid is an ingredient well-known to most consumers” and “many brands have established [hyaluronic acid] as a key ingredient in their formulas.”
- From January to May 2016, hyaluronic acid — which is "universally known and sought after by many European consumers" — was found in 26% of facial skincare, 46% of eye care, and 6% of body care global product launches.
The skin care category continues to be strong during challenging times, and clean beauty is no exception. “During the [Covid-19] pandemic, clean beauty and safety mentions increased" with a "28% daily trend increase" and 95.1% positivity rate in the US. Globally, there was a "56% daily trend increase, with 95.3% of mentions being positive.” At the same time, consumers continue to see the link between skin health and skin care, resulting in sun care products with skin care claims and ingredients.
- Embrace ingredients consumers love.
More than ever, consumers demand to be heard. Bloggers, influencers, and everyday buyers are talking about ingredients they do and don’t want. We know consumers love moisturizing heroes like hyaluronic acid, so adding it to an all-star product can help build your relationship with consumers and, ultimately, influence their purchasing decision.
- Show you put safety first.
There is a lot of confusion surrounding what’s safe and "clean" in skin care, and especially in UV protection. By offering non-nano, mineral sunscreen actives that are generally regarded as safe and effective (GRASE) by the FDA, brands can build trust with consumers.
Clean Mineral UV Shield gives consumers exactly what they’ve been asking for: a clean product that doesn’t compromise on performance, plays with innovation, and is packed with naturally-derived ingredients and moisturization heroes. The medium-weight moisturizer contains silicone-free Kleair™ Technology, a unique, non-nano mineral shield that delivers broad-spectrum SPF 50+ sun protection and pollution defense to keep the skin fully protected. Hyaluronic acid, sustainably produced squalane, and organic jojoba oil round out this delightful and nourishing face and body cream.
Kleair™ enabled claims:
- Non-nano, mineral-based broad spectrum SPF 50+ sunscreen protects the skin from 99% of UV radiation
- Pollution Defense Technology reduces pollution-induced free radicals by 85%
- Kleair™ Technology boosts antioxidant activity by as much as 200%
Additional marketing claims available:
- Patented, medium weight fluid instantly evens skin tone and hides fine lines and wrinkles
- Contains well-known ingredient hero Hyaluronic Acid to help moisturize not only topically on the skin, but within the skin as well
- Contains other naturally derived ingredients including grape seed extract, green tea extract, and bisabolol
- 80-minute water resistance
- Contains anti-irritant ingredient allantoin via a patented delivery system
- Paraben-free, PEG-free, Phenoxyethanol Free, Fragrance-free, and Cruelty-free