Beauty Drops Total Protection Serum
“Consumers' interest in leading healthier lifestyles is creating opportunities for brands and retailers to tap into the Active Beauty trend to help reinforce the physical and mental effects of consumers’ workout routines.”
—Mintel, 2017 Trend: Active Beauty, February 2017
• Apply before a workout for protective benefits
• Apply after a workout for restorative benefits
Active Beauty, Whole Body Health, Anti-Pollution
As consumers strive to look and feel their best 24/7, they’re reaching for workout-friendly beauty products that won’t stop working when they break a sweat – and that will help regenerate their skin after they’re done for the day. Brands, meet Athbeauty (or Active Beauty): the most recent acquisition of the yoga pants generation. Active Beauty products are jam-packed with UV protection, pollution protection, and anti-oxidant benefits to help consumers boost skin health while they boost mental and physical health. Consumer trend data from Mintel shows:
- According to the report “2017 Trend: Active Beauty,” the growing number of consumers interested in creating and maintaining a healthy lifestyle is creating an opportunity for beauty brands to showcase the healthy qualities of skin care products—including anti-aging and anti-oxidant benefits.
- At the same time, as workouts become social activities, consumers are eager for long-lasting, sweat-proof beauty products that enhance their appearance while they’re hitting the gym.
- It’s not just in the US: a survey of women in France showed that 43% of women “would be interested in makeup that stays in place during exercise.” The most successful products in this new category will be lightweight, sweat-proof moisturizers with added skin health benefits and instant beauty enhancements.
- The other trend that’s buzzing around the beauty industry is Anti-Pollution. Beginning in Asia and now spreading westward, strong demand for anti-pollution skin care is reflected in almost 10% of new products now combining UV and pollution protection.
- On a recent survey, 61% of Chinese beauty consumers expressed concern about PM2.5. Meanwhile in the US, PM2.5 exceeds the recommendations of the World Health Organization for over 60% of the population. Since studies have shown that pollution can be a primary contributor to skin damage, consumers are smart to hop on the anti-pollution bandwagon.
Active Beauty and Anti-Pollution trends highlight a movement toward preventative skin care—and specifically oxidative stress prevention—which presents a unique opportunity for beauty brands to showcase high-efficacy, stress-busting beauty products. And by adding sweat-proof features, brands can provide active beauty products that boost skin health in the short- and long-term. Consider these methods for how brands can adapt to meet the market:
- There is growing consumer awareness grows about environmentally-induced oxidative stress, and beauty brands can leverage the awareness of pollution-induced oxidative stress by educating customers on the larger contributing factor to stress—and the environmental insult that dermatologists have long been worried about—UV radiation.
- Well over a dozen new cosmetics ingredients have been introduced into the market with the specific goal of solving the pollution problem, demonstrating both the boom in demand as well as the crowded space in which brands find themselves. Brands can differentiate themselves by identifying clear and specific anti-pollution benefits, and by offering textures that resonate with customers and suit their lifestyles.
- Aesthetic appeal is key as consumers shy away from standard sunscreens that leave behind greasy residue, opting instead for high-performance, featherweight beauty products that boast comprehensive environmental protection.
Ultra-lightweight texture; Unique formula designed for high intensity; Patented stress defense
Beauty Drops Total Protection Serum SPF 50+ is an ultra-lightweight, daily protection serum designed to provide your brand with a product that addresses both the Active Beauty and Anti-Pollution trends while providing complete defense against environmental insults. Beauty Drops is built to withstand the heat of a workout while fiercely defending the skin against free radical damage—with a texture that’s light as a feather and a soft tint that balances imperfections.
Solésence technology-enabled claims:
- Patented, featherweight serum makes an ideal texture for hot summer days and tough workouts
- Broad-spectrum SPF 50+ sunscreen protects the skin from 99% of UV radiation
- Pollution Defense Technology reduces pollution-induced free radicals
- Peptides activate cellular renewal to energize and repair skin after a workout
- The first of its kind, Active Stress Defense Technology boosts anti-oxidant activity by as much as 200%
Additional marketing claims available:
- Sustainably produced squalane provides natural moisturization and anti-aging benefits while contributing to eco-conscious branding
- Sweat-proof: 40-minute water resistance
- Tinted to balance skin tone
Customize this product by adding claims:
- Immediate and long-term moisturization
- Anti-aging through clinical validation
- Energizing to enhance workout performance
- Added anti-oxidants