You Go, I Stay (Young) Beauty Stick
“The pursuit of a healthier lifestyle is now something of a global obsession.”
—Mintel, Parents and Children Get On Board with Active Beauty, April 2017
- Apply before exercise for total protection with a clean-looking finish
- Apply under makeup for water resistant moisturization
Active Beauty, Total Protection, Skin Renewal
Active Beauty has gone from passing fad to major trend as more consumers are tossing in beauty products with their gym shoes in order to enhance skin health during their endorphin rush — and be selfie-ready at a moment’s notice. At the same time, consumers are seeking high-efficacy environmental protection and skin renewal products that shield the skin not only from UV radiation, but also from pollution, IR, and blue light.
Consumer trend data from Mintel shows:
- The report “2017 Trend: Active Beauty,” identifies consumers' current obsession with health and fitness, noting that this has created an opportunity for beauty brands to showcase the health benefits of skin care products.
- The active beauty phenomenon is global: a survey of women in France showed that 43% of women “would be interested in makeup that stays in place during exercise.”
- Active beauty products have the opportunity to touch multiple generations as parents seek ways for their children to join in their active lifestyle, according to the trend report “Parents and children get on board with active beauty.”
- Environmental protection has extended beyond UV rays and consumers now seek out “total protection,” which encompasses anti-pollution, IR, and anti-blue light. Mintel’s Innovation Zone at InCos Latin America in September 2017 centered on this trend. The strong demand for anti-pollution skin care is reflected in almost 10% of new products now combining UV and pollution protection.
- Notions of “anti-aging” skin care are shifting: Mintel’s June 2017 report notes: “Consumers want multifunctional anti-aging solutions, and sun protection can drive the narrative.“ At the same time, anti-aging stories are expanding to focus more broadly on skin renewal.
As active beauty becomes an integral part of an active lifestyle, Mintel has a few recommendations for skin care and cosmetics brands. “Brands should stretch their protection claims as far as possible, shielding the hair and skin from exposure to UV, IR and pollution, as well as the HEVL that is used in lighting in gyms and smartphones.” Mintel also recommends that brands demonstrate a clear benefits package in order to differentiate Active Beauty products from ordinary skin care or cosmetics products. Consider these methods for how brands can adapt to meet the market:
- Mintel’s September 2017 report “Stand out in the crowded skincare market” recommends that brands focus on healthy skin, educate about sun protection, and keep information, ingredients, and functions simple.
- Beauty brands can tap into the skin health space by using innovative technologies to leverage the power of natural, recognizable ingredients that enhance skin complexion, texture, and tone.
- Brands can enter the Active Beauty market with skin care products that demonstrate obvious gym bag benefits like water resistance and no-spill packaging, while also telling a clear and compelling skin health story surrounding total environmental protection and skin renewal.
Patented total environmental protection; High-intensity formula, On-the-go packaging
Active beauty meets radiant skin with this protective and renewing beauty stick that’s strong enough to provide total environmental protection while keeping pace with even the toughest workout. This silky, non-irritating formula spreads evenly on the skin and is designed specifically for use all over the face — including the delicate area around the eyes and mouth. Easy-carry and no-spill packaging make You Go, I Stay (Young) Beauty Stick the perfect gym bag companion.
Solésence technology-enabled claims:
- Gentle, non-greasy moisturizing stick designed for use on face, including the delicate area around the eyes and mouth
- Broad-spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen protects the skin from 97% of UV radiation
- Pollution Defense Technology reduces pollution-induced free radicals by 85% and protects against blue light, IR and HEVL
- The first of its kind, Active Stress Defense Technology boosts anti-oxidant activity by as much as 200%
Additional marketing claims available:
- Sustainable jojoba provides hydration and moisturization benefits while contributing to a green marketing story
- Sweat-proof: 40-minute water resistance
- Available tinted or untinted
Customize this product by adding claims:
- Immediate and long-term moisturization
- Brightening/illuminating through clinical validation
- Added anti-oxidants