Healthy skin ☼ Glowy look ☼ Touchless touch-up
Consumers want to have it all: a healthylooking glow, environmental protection, and touchless applicators for touch-ups on the go. Today's consumers are aware of stressors like UV, pollution, and blue light, and the impact they have on skin. Tomorrow's consumers are seeking out touchless everything for a hygienic experience when they're on the-go. Consumer data from Mintel shows:
- 60% of consumers expect their facial skincare routine to make their skin appear smoother, while 50% expect that it will protect them from the sun and 30% expect that it will make their skin look dewy/glowy.
- Consumers are placing emphasis on the longterm, "seek[ing] protection rather than aesthetic benefits such as looking younger.”
- A June 2020 report, Shake up South Korean Suncare notes: “100% mineral sunscreens are on the rise. Consumers perceive mineral sunscreen to be safe for skin and environmentally friendly."
- Format matters. In sun care, “convenient-focused innovations are on the rise, notably those that facilitate ease of application/use.”
- "Highlighting claims and product qualities that address Covid-19-centric issues (such as long-wear and hygiene) will pique the interest of consumers trying to navigate their "next normal."”At the same time, advances in powder formulations are leading to unique, more subtle versions of the glow look."
Brands have an opportunity to help consumers achieve a short- and long-term glow with a shimmering powder that also offers a powerful, invisible, SPF re-up. There is an added bonus in hygienic, touchless components so that we can re-up on the go and feel good about it. Consider these methods for how brands can adapt to meet the market:
- Make it easy to glow on-the-go.
Add the glow to the popular health and wellness narrative that so many consumers seek,” says Mintel. By offering a hygienic application (and reapplication) powder with UV protection, consumers can save their skin from UV radiation and keep their hands away from the product itself, if they want to.
- Bring skin health to the healthy-looking glow.
Add sun care to help consumers keep their glow long-term. “Skincare/color cosmetic hybrids have evolved in recent years to the point where the makeup is less important than the skincare benefits the product offers,” says Mintel. Lean in on category blurring in skin care and color cosmetics, and “mix quirky ingredients and tech into the glow.”
Subtle Shimmer SPF Powder is a loose powder that helps mattify the skin to control excess oil and shine while offering a golden glimmer that makes the skin look perfectly sun-kissed, even while it's totally protected against broad-spectrum UV, blue light, and pollution. Lightweight and easy to apply, this bronzing powder is a quick and easy addition to any gym bag or beach bag, allowing consumers to carry on with their busy lives without having to make any self care sacrifices.
Product claim highlights:
- Silky, lightweight bronzing powder helps mattify oily skin while giving skin an instant glow with a gold shimmer
- Helps mattify the skin to control excess skin oil and shine
- Broad-spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen blocks 97% of UV radiation
- Protects against blue light (HEVL) and IR
Additional marketing claims available:
- Zinc oxide contributes to a natural, safe, and clean positioning
- When used as a setting powder, extends the wear of other makeup products
- Contains anti-inflammatory benefits and offers a soothing effect to the skin, making it ideal for a post-workout or active beauty product positioning
- Non-nano, Chemical-sunscreen-free, Paraben-free, Fragrance-free, and Cruelty-free