On-The-Go Lip Conditioner
"SPF and hyaluronic acid-enriched formulas will become more staple, and consumers look to keep their lips hydrated and naturally plump, rather than relying on liner and bold colour.”
—Mintel, Makeup Trends: AW18/19 Seasonal Update, September 2018
- Apply as a lip moisturizer
- Apply as a base layer under lipstick
Round-the-clock beauty, Beauty via hydration, Sun protection
As the color pop booms, so does the desire for naturally-healthy-looking lips — which means hydration and sun protection claims are predicted to climb the charts. At the same time, new beauty products are hitting the shelves at a rapid rate, but consumers are disappointed when products don’t fit with their lifestyle and when innovation isn’t at the forefront of a new launch. Consumer trend data from Mintel shows:
- Lip products made up 33% of global launches of color cosmetics in 2017, with face products coming in second at 21%.
- Consumers are adding more steps to their beauty routines if it means improved health: “44% of Chinese women are trying to improve their skin by adding more routines (e.g. lunchtime treatments, wearing sun care at any time).”
- The desire for naturally-healthy-looking lips is strong — and that means sun protection is a must: “SPF and hyaluronic acid-enriched formulas will become more staple, and consumers look to keep their lips hydrated and naturally plump, rather than relying on liner and bold colour.”
- Mintel’s 2018 report “A year of innovation in sun care” highlights the global opportunity in offering specialized protection against other elements, like pollution.
- “In the US, 62% of lip makeup wearers want hydrating products, compared to 58% [who want] long wearing,” according to the September 2018 report “Makeup Trends: AW18/19 Seasonal Update.”
As more and more people want their lips to look and feel healthy, brands can win with a unique, four-season lip product that consumers can use around-the-clock — on its own or as a base under their favorite pop of color. Consider these methods for how brands can adapt to meet the market:
- Showcase innovation and leverage the global opportunity in specialized environmental protection by offering unique lip defense claims. Mintel notes that “staying ahead of the pack with innovation is critical” since “side-by-side comparisons have outlined similarities between formulations and shades," and “brands need to maintain uniqueness in order to stand above the crowd.”
- Brands can align new products with consumers’ desire for round-the-clock beauty routines. A new hybrid lip product can serve as an opportunity for beauty-driven consumers to re-up on hydration at any time, following Mintel’s recommendation that “colour cosmetics brands should focus on pure hydration claims.” Waterproof claims can expand product use and offer an active beauty
UV and pollution protection, Creamy Hydration, Water-resistant
Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall, this rich-textured lip conditioner will keep lips nourished with shea butter and avocado oil while protecting against the elements to keep lips strong, healthy, and naturally beautiful. On-The-Go Lip Conditioner is one-of-a-kind, packing the punch of a patented technology that protects the lips from UV- and pollution- induced oxidative stress while bolstering the anti-oxidant system for improved health. Water-resistant and moisturizing, this creamy lip balm is an ideal mini-treatment and is suitable for use around-the-clock and in all climates.
Solésence technology-enabled claims:
- Patented creamy lip balm nourishes the lips
- Broad-spectrum SPF 35+ sunscreen protects the skin from 99% of UV radiation
- Pollution Defense Technology reduces pollution-induced free radicals by 85%
- The first of its kind, Active Stress Defense Technology boosts anti-oxidant activity by as much as 200%
Additional marketing claims available:
- Leverages the power of natural ingredients including shea butter, argan oil, chamomile extract, raspberry seed oil, avocado oil, almond oil, jojoba oil, and grape oil.
- Sustainably produced squalane delivers moisturization benefits and provides lasting nourishment with continued product use while contributing to eco-conscious branding.
- 80-minute water resistance
- Available in 3 tints
Customize this product by adding claims:
- Brightening/illuminating, anti-aging through clinical validation
- Added anti-oxidants